Our Model of Care/Our Difference
At Genesis Behavioral Health, you’ll find psychiatric professionals that combine the science of psychiatry with human compassion to heal your body, mind, and spirit. We are dedicated to your patient’s health and well-being – getting them well quickly, effectively, and in the best way possible. Unique to Genesis Behavioral Health, we provide counselors and psychotherapy during TMS sessions. We offer both individual, couples, and family counseling sessions, as well as group therapy – including a group dedicated to TMS patients.
How to Refer
Genesis Behavioral Health is committed to professional collaboration. We believe our referral sources are an essential part of treatment and ensure that you are involved throughout the admission, treatment, and discharge process.
Referrals for Psychiatry or Counseling (individual, couples, and family) can be phoned in at 210-404-9696, faxed to 210-404-9466, or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Referrals for TMS can be phoned in at 210-404-9696 (ask for the TMS Coordinator), faxed to 210-404-9466, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What makes my client a TMS candidate? (Click here to read our TMS Fact Sheet)
- A diagnosis of Major Depressive Disorder
- 2-4 failed antidepressants (dependent on the insurer)
- Currently in psychotherapy (or in the past)
- No metal inside the head (dental materials are okay); no cochlear implants
- Not in a current state of psychosis or active alcohol or drug abuse
- Most major insurance policies cover TMS with the above criteria