What is Mental Health?
According to the CDC, mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Although the terms are often used interchangeably, poor mental health and mental illness are not the same things. A person can experience poor mental health and not be diagnosed with a mental illness. Likewise, a person diagnosed with a mental illness can experience periods of physical, mental, and social well-being ( https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/learn/index.htm )
The Benefits of Therapy
Because we all have mental health, we thought it’s important to also share the mental health benefits of therapy. Psychotherapy – also known as talk therapy – has helped millions of Americans!
- Therapy can reduce physical symptoms and boost your physical health. This might include a reduction in migraines, reductions in digestive troubles, improved sleep, or improved appetite.
- Therapy goes beyond survival to enhancing your life – developing passion, productivity and balance!
- Therapy helps you untangle years of confusion and turmoil – and change unhealthy patterns. You can learn healthy coping mechanisms that allow you to navigate the challenges of life.
- A therapist can be a sounding board – having someone to talk to, turn to, and confide in can make an amazing difference.
- A therapist helps you set certain goals that will be beneficial to you. In turn, you will find that achieving goals will also contribute to your self-esteem!
- Therapy can improve our relationship with others, but also your relationship with yourself. It’s your relationship with yourself that sets the town for how you will interact with others.
Genesis Services and Groups
The evidence is clear that combining therapy with psychiatric care can dramatically improve results for many patients as opposed to either treatment alone. Patients who see our medical team and our counseling team will be receiving truly collaborative mental health care. Our counseling team includes Licensed Professional Counselors and Interns with a variety of experience and training – not limited to, obsessive-compulsive disorder, grief, addiction and trauma.
TMS Support Group
Tuesday 5 PM to 6 PM
Adult Depression and Anxiety Process Group
Thursday 9 AM to 10 AM
Wild 5 Wellness Group
Thursday 5 PM to 6 PM
Please call our office for more information and to schedule your appointment with our therapists.